Circuit Clerk


Michelle R. Schoppert
Circuit Clerk

The Circuit Clerk of Berkeley County is responsible for recording and maintaining all Circuit Court records concerning the following:

  • Civil Cases
  • Magistrate Appeals
  • Juvenile Cases
  • Divorce Cases
  • Domestic Violence and Domestic Violence Appeals - Must be Filed in Magistrate Court First
  • Home Confinement Payments
  • Restitution Payments
  • Court Appointment to Criminal Cases
  • Mental Hygiene on call 7 days / week / 24 hrs / day
  • Criminal Cases
  • Felonies and Misdemeanors
  • Expungements (Misdemeanor Convictions & Dismissals) Not Felony Convictions
  • Jury Duty (Click Here For More Info)
  • Foreign Support Cases
  • Custody and Child Support Cases
  • Juvenile and Adult Guardianships
  • Adoptions
  • Name Changes
  • Infant Settlement
  • Forfeiture

Contact Us

PHONE: (304) 264 - 1918
ADDRESS: 380 West South Street; Martinsburg, WV 25401

We are not allowed to provide legal advice or recommend legal counsel. If you need legal advice you should consult an attorney or call Tuesday Legal Connect at 1-800-642-3617. If you need to find a West Virginia licensed lawyer you may contact the West Virginia Lawyer Referral Service at

Please do not contact the Circuit Clerk's Office by phone for information regarding your divorce. No information will be given over the phone. You must come in person with your driver's license to obtain that information. If you cannot come in person, you must send a notarized letter of authorization including a notarized copy of your driver's license. No information will be given out on the phone on cases. You must contact the Prosecuting Attorney's Office for all information on juvenile cases.

Our office does not handle criminal checks. You can visit the website at or call the toll free # at 855-766-7746.

Public terminals are available for searching some case types that are open to the public.